- a collaborative situation
- a public dinner
- a platform for connection
- a theatrical environment
- a democratic experiment in micro-funding
- a relational hub bringing together various creative communities
- a forum for critical but accessible discussion
- an opportunity to support creative people in Detroit
Detroit SOUP is a microgranting dinner celebrating creative projects in Detroit. For $5 you receive soup, salad, bread, and a vote. You will hear from four presentations ranging from art, urban agriculture, social justice, social entrepreneurs, education, technology, etc., who have four minutes to share their idea and then field four questions from the diners. We eat, connect, share resources, and vote on what project you think should win the money gathered from the night. When the night nears to a close we count the ballots and whoever has the most votes takes home the money from the door.
For more information about SOUP please visit us at detroitsoup.com.